Friday, November 14, 2014

Let's give someone a merry little Christmas


This will be the third year I'm going to participate in Joulupuu (Christmas tree) charity campaign here in Finland. The idea is to buy a Christmas gift to an unprivileged child or teenager. You pick a girl or boy and the age and then you buy a nice gift and the organisation will distribute the gifts.

I challenge you, my dear readers and fellow bloggers. Let's make a child's Christmas merrier!




What you can do? 

Here you can find couple examples of charity organisations that can help you to bring little joy to a child's life during Christmas.

USA: Be An Elf

You could also google the Salvation Army's Christmas Present Appeal! Seems like a great program. 


Are you in?

8 comments :

  1. Mäkin olen monena jouluna osallistunut Joulupuu-keräykseen. Varsinkin teineille tulee kuulema nihkeästi lahjoja, joten olen yleensä ottanut teinipojan tai -tytön ja ostanut esim. lahjakortin vaatekauppaan (alessa joulun jälkeen sillä saa kummasti enemmän kuin ennen joulua)...Auttamisesta tulee hyvä mieli itselle.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually do this at Christmas time. I never heard of Be An Elf, but a lot of organizations here call it Angel Tree. I plan to do it this year too, although I am short on money this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meidän kunnassa toteutetaan tänä vuonna Joulupuu-keräys kai ensimmäistä kertaa, toki tuossa maakuntakeskuksessa niitä on ollut aiemminkin. Toteuttajana on meillä MLL ja kunnan sosiaalitoimi. Täytyypä ottaa asiakseen osallistua. Upea idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you want to participate! Even a small donation can make a huge difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mäkin olen aina valinnut teinin, kun olen huomannut, että "teinilappuja" on hirmu iso pinkka verrattuna pienenmpiin lapsiin. Huippua, että olet ollut mukana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hienoa, että teidän kunnassa on huomattu tämä! Ja kannattaa osallistua; siitä tulee tosi hyvä mieli itsellenkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie @ Life, UnexpectedlyNovember 15, 2014 at 11:01 PM

    Both my work and my bank put up a tree with wishes of disadvantaged kids. I picked one and took Lily to go shopping for this little girl. She was so excited to help make the holiday special for someone else. So if I manage to get there on time, we're definitely participating again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful! I love the idea of Lily being part of this :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...