Friday, April 15, 2016

10 songs that make me cry



Music takes me places - sometimes to very emotional places. After listening one very melancholic song 10 times in a row, I decided to share other beautiful songs that touch me deeply. Some have those powerhouse climaxes. Some are very low key and mellow.





1. All I Ask by Adele


This melancholic masterpiece has 1 sentence that always makes me cry: It matters how this end,s cause what if I never love again.




2. Melancholy blue by Trisha Yearwood


I remember the first time I heard this song; we were watching country music awards with my dad. (I'm from Finland and almost nobody listens to country, but my dad is a huge fan and I love some artists too) We both cried. 




3. Goodbye's (The Saddest Word) by Celine Dion


It baffles me how Celine was ever able to record this song.




4. Empty Chairs At Empty Tables from Les Miserables 


This might be, surprisingly, my favorite song from Les Mis. 




5. Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story from Hamilton


Eliza's parts are so touching!




6. Pretty Funny from Dogfight


This song illustrated insecurity and disappointment perfectly.




7.  Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood

It's a hopeful song but so melancholic.



8. Candle In The Wind 1997 by Elton John


He sang the song at his dear friend Lady D's funeral. 



9. Broken Vow by Lara Fabian


A BIG heartbreak song.



10. Who Wants To Live Forever by Queen


This song gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes when I think about Freddie Mercury.




Check out my happy song list, too!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...