Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mirror mirror on the wall...


Have you seen the new Dove commercial (Dove Real Beauty Sketches)?  





Although I consider myself a woman with relatively good self-esteem, I also have "I'm so fat, I hate my nose, I am ugly!" moments. I guess every woman has these "moments" but still we are constantly telling other girls and women "No you're not fat! You are beautiful." 

It seems like it's become a normal part of female interaction to bash yourself but not allow other women do it to themselves without telling them they are wrong. 


By mijori CC BY 2.0


I collected some interesting facts about women's perceptions of  their beauty and body image.











I want to end this post with Emily Dickinson's brilliant words.











Facts from: Dove, My Body Gallery, Confidence Coalition, ywca (Beauty at any cost)

Striegel-Moore, R., Franko, D. Body Image Issues among Girls and Women. In T. F. Cash & T. Pruzinsky (Eds.), Body Image: A handbook of theory, research, and clinical practice (p. 183-191). New York: Guilford Press.


  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...