Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Why I didn't quit blogging though I lost my inspiration and readers





Fall 2014 was exciting time for me from the blogging point of view. My blog was growing like crazy and I had lots of ideas and time to write. For example, I more than doubled my blog traffic. Susannah played a huge role in all this. She was my blog mentor.


But then something happened. 


I started to loose blog inspiration. And that led to fewer posts and fewer readers. I was also questioning my blogging motives. 


Is this really something I'm so suppose to be doing? Is my blog an addiction to me? Could I be using my time to do something more useful and meaningful?


The lack of inspiration, loosing my readers and questioning my motives nearly made my quit. I almost deleted the whole blog. 


But I couldn't do that. Here's why:



1. I've worked so hard for my blog. I don't want that hard work go to waste.


2. I still love the reason why I started to blog.


3. I love to have a space of my own that allows me to use my creativity.


4. I still have things to say - not as often but still!






When I remembered all the lovely blogging things, I made some serious changes so blogging would be a joy to me - not a chore. 




1. Forget statics


I used to check Google Analytics daily. Now it's been almost 2 months! It's so liberating not to blog to get page views. 



2. Don't force it


One of the biggest blog worries that led to my blog burnout was  the need to post often and regularly. Now, I refuse to worry about that. If my blog is quiet for a while, it's ok. I'm not going to post just to fill my editorial calendar. If people forget my blog, it's ok. 



3. Break the rules


To me blogging is about freedom. The blog rules took that away from me. So now I refuse to worry about them. For example I don't have and Instagram account for me blog, because I don't like Instagram. I don't advertise regularly on Twitter of Facebook. Freedom!


Read more:


Why you should stop caring about your blog





No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...