Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Who are you? Part 1


People travel to India to find themselves.
People sail across the Pacific to find themselves.
People climb Mount Everest to find themselves.

To find themselves. 

Why?


By Thomas Leuthard. More info below.





I guess it's because finding yourself means finding happiness. At least books and movies are telling us so. 

I don't agree with them. Here's why:

1. The thing that we're suppose to find (the answer to the big question of who am I) is constantly changing. (Psychological point of view)

2. We often find things that are not good or something to be proud of.



By Agustın Ruiz. More info below.



So, I don't believe that finding yourself brings you happiness. But don't get me wrong, I really do think it's important to know who you are. And if there's something you don't like, try to improve.

Have courage to admit that you're not perfect or even good and take responsibility. Stop blaming people around you, circumstances or the past. You have a chance to be better and no one else can change you.

I wrote that finding yourself doesn't bring you happiness. What does then? Well, I find happiness in this:






Photos: 
The Model by Thomas Leuthard. License: CC BY 2.0
una flor celeste by Agustın Ruiz. License: CC BY 2.0

2 comments :

  1. Amen! This fits right alongside my inner feelings I have been having about myself. There is such truth to accepting the fact that we are NOT perfect, but also accepting and admitting the good, even great (as you say) and the not so good (and bad) parts of us. Then there is that willingness to CHANGE! Only with the LORD can that happen. So glad I came by for I have been affirmed in my own thoughts by the words God has given you here.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a thoughtful comment! I'm glad this post touched you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...