Thursday, May 14, 2015

My 5 Blog Sins


blog tips, blogging, how to blog




1.  I publish before editing


I'm too excited about my posts. I publish them before editing. There are too many typos, Finglish (Finnish in English) sentences and weird word choices. Forgive me. I'll try to do better. 


2.  Blog burn out


Sometimes I feel like I'm letting down my readers. I don't post enough, my posts are not unique enough... When I start to worry I seem to lose my blog inspiration; I can't come up with any post topics and blogging is more a chore than a way to express myself and be creative.


3. I envy "big bloggers"


Some of my favorite blogs have thousands of followers. When I have a bad blog day, I am jealous. I wrote Enjoy your small blog, when I needed to remind myself to happy about my own blog. I've worked hard and my blog has given me so much.


4.  I don't really utilize social media


One of the best ways to get readers and followers is to promote your blog on social media. I have never enjoyed it much. I'm still trying to fall in love with Twitter. I don't have an Instagram account for my blog and I often forget Facebook completely. 


5. I get embarresed when I tell people I have a blog

I don't know why, but I'm quite shy about my blog. It took me a long time to admit that I have a blog. And even longer to promote my blog on my personal Facebook wall/timeline. Why? I have no idea.





2 comments :

  1. Sounds very familiar... Blogging is a strange hobby. It gives a lot but also exhausts. And at least it makes one easily hooked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES to all of these! I often feel the exact same way. But then, I remember why I wanted to blog in the first place, and get determined to be okay with where I am now!

    ReplyDelete

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...