Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Movie Buff Sisterhood - Little Miss Sunshine


Little Miss Sunshine is the first Movie Buff Sisterhood movie. 

The Plot

"Little Miss Sunshine" tells the story of the Hoovers, one of the most endearingly fractured families ever seen on motion picture screens. Together, the motley six-member family treks from Albuquerque to the Little Miss Sunshine pageant in Redondo Beach, California, to fulfill the deepest wish of 7-year-old Olive, an ordinary little girl with big dreams. Along the way the family must deal with crushed dreams, heartbreak, and a broken-down VW bus, leading up to the surreal Little Miss Sunshine competition itself. On their travels through this bizarrely funny landscape, the Hoovers learn to trust and support each other along the path of life, no matter what the challenge." comingsoon.net





I loved this movie, because there were so many interesting themes: dysfunctional family, dealing with disappointments and crushed dreams, defining oneself, how the the world around us defines us... 




But the biggest theme, that combines all the things mentioned  above is:  
  



"Life is a journey, not a destination" is a cliché but still true. In Little Miss Sunshine the characters went trough their own life journeys. Their destination weren't what they had planned, but still during their journeys they learned something important - something that made them stronger and more free. They needed these journeys to learn and grow.

Our life journeys

Ashley

"I'm currently on a journey in life where I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with my life and feeling incomplete. I'm keeping my faith strong and acting out on my beliefs to get where I'm trying to go. Of course, it's hard but I will continue keeping on!"

We are all on a journey to somewhere or something. I guess we should  stop for minute and reflect what we've learned on our journey.

Mrs K:

"Looking back, I now understand there's been many journeys in my life. One of the biggest journeys has been my journey as a wife. I've learned so much about myself during the last 4 years."












Have you seen Little Miss Sunshine? We'd love to hear your thoughts about the movie!  

Our next movie is Grease (9/29)! Oh, I love musicals :) Ashley will be hosting so check out her blog next Monday! 


2 comments :

  1. I enjoyed watching this movie so much! Can't wait to review Grease!

    ReplyDelete

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...