Saturday, July 19, 2014




My boy, when you decide to come into this world, there are so many things I want you to know. They might sing this is a man's world, but what does it really mean to be a man. You, my boy, will be a man one day. But before that, I want to teach you something I've learned from some of the greatest men in this "man's world": my dad and your dad.

1. Stand up for the underdogs; this world needs people who are willing to love despite the consequences.

2. Being a man doesn’t mean you have to walk, talk, think and like in a certain way.

3. Courage is not toughness; to act in weakness and fear is.

4. Have principles and stand behind them.

5. Sometimes a man needs to cry; tough men fear feelings, courageous men face them. 

6. Be polite.

7. Help other people. 

8. Read.

9. Try to understand things instead of knowing things.

10. God is calling you to be his disciple. What an adventure!




4 comments :

  1. This is wonderful, also!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your post through the Oak and Oats link up -- I have a little 2 year old boy, what a great list of inspiration. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...