Thursday, February 21, 2013

Painters I Love

My 5 favorite painters. Click the name to see their art.



                   By Mae Chevrette 




Helene Schjerfbeck

I love how her work is rugged and very delicate at the same time.


Ilya Repin


I love how his paintings are full of stories. When I look at them, I can't stop thinking "what happened?" "why?" "who is she?".



Edgar Degas

I love his beautiful ballet dancer paintings. 


Claude Monet

I love how he uses color


Beatrix Potter

I love her soft color palette. And her characters, of course ;) 


2 comments :

  1. Amrita Shergill was a renowned Indian painter. She was one of the most charismatic and promising Indian artists of the pre-colonial era. Most of her paintings reflect vividly her love for the country and more importantly her response to the life of its people. castle hill painter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard about her before. After reading your comment I just had to search her paintings. Beautiful colors!

      Delete

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...